Sunday, September 12, 2010

Card Making with Mama

Well my mother and I decided to try the masking technique!  And I must say I got a little angry at the paper, but in the end I was extremely happy with the results.


The main image is from the Close To My Heart Stamp of the Month titled: Thriller.  The image was stamped once, then we cut out the middle which had dracula surrounded by bats.  Then we laid the cut out middle on another blank piece of cardstock and stamped over it thus deleting the center.  We then stamped the tree imagine in Heavenly Blue and the leaves over top in Sweet Leaf.  I rubbed the edge of the cardstock with Twilight then backed it with black cardstock to help it "pop".  The 4 squares in the background are the B&T Duos papers from two of the new paper packs: the blue is from Magnifique and the green is from Olivia.  And I finished the card off with 3 sparkles in decending size in blue and a small sentiment that is pop-dotted off the page.

Well there is my first piece of art work on the web!  I hope you enjoy it and try the masking technique for yourself.  I think it will give so many more possibilities to stamp sets that we already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment